Hormonal Contraceptives for Technicians is organized by University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy and will be held from Jan 22, 2017 - Jan 22, 2020.
This accredited program is targeted to pharmacy technicians
CE Hours - 1.50
CE Units - 0.150
• Identify the common methods of hormonal contraception that, in some states, are available to women in pharmacies without a prescription. Discuss the components responsible for preventing pregnancy, and the non-contraceptive benefits.
• Recognize the common side effects of estrogen and progestins contained in hormonal contraceptives. Describe at least 2 contraindications to the use of specific hormonal contraceptives.
• List the generic and brand names for 6 combined oral contraceptives (COCs) and 1 progestin only pill (POP). Describe what is meant by monophasic, biphasic, triphasic, and continuous use products.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Credit Hou 14
Credit Hou 4
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine