Evidence-based Clinical Care: Complete Joint Replacement is organized by Baptist Health South Florida.
Course opens: 11/01/2017
Course expires: 03/31/2022
Orthopedists and Sports Medicine Specialists.
0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
0.50 General certificate of attendance
Course Description :
This course provides evidence-based data supporting the standardization of care throughout Baptist Health for complete joint replacements. Included in this course are treatment algorithms, physician resources and the new quality metrics by which all medical staff will be evaluated.
Evidence-based Clinical Care (EBCC) Note: Physicians should bookmark this course to access all protocols, pathways, policies and procedures at your convenience via your CME Portal account. All algorithms will be available on CERNER.
Learning Objectives :
• Implement standardization and explain the necessity for the creation of a clinical pathway for total joint replacement patients based on current, evidence-based best practices.
• Utilize the current guidelines for pre- and postoperative treatment of the elective total joint replacement patient and total joint replacement power plan for all patients with elective total joint arthroplasty.
• Recognize the significance of Care C2 metrics monitoring as it relates to decreasing clinical variation.
• Employ standards for preoperative preparation of the patient along with perioperative efficiency enhancements and postoperative protocols for best outcomes.
• Initiate aspirin anticoagulation therapy for low-risk patients.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine