ECHO-Chicago: Opioid Use Disorder Online Course 2018
ECHO-Chicago: Opioid Use Disorder Online Course is organized by The University of Chicago - Center for Continuing Medical Education and will be held during Jan 16, 2018 - Apr 03, 2018.
The target audience for this medical event is physicians and other healthcare professionals interested in the treatment of opioid use disorder. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Opioid use disorder has been widely identified by experts in the field as a national epidemic with death from overdose now the leading cause of death in people under 50, and rates continue to climb. This series will give participants increased knowledge and skills that enable them to better treat patients with opioid use disorder.
Conference Objectives are :
At the conclusion of this activity, participatants will be able to:
• State the diagnostic criteria for opiate use disorder;
• Describe best practices in pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to treating Opiate Use Disorder;
• Identify principles of trauma-informed care and motivational interviewing;
• Discuss best practices for managing co-occurring mental illnesses including bipolar disorder, major depression, and anxiety using both pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods;
• Summarize how to assess and prescribe for alcohol dependence, tobacco dependence, and other co-occurring substance use disorders;
• List the best non-pharmacological approaches to managing chronic pain.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.