Diagnostic Pitfalls in Urologic Pathology is organized by United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and will be held from Dec 12, 2016 - Jun 11, 2019.
The target audience for this medical event is General surgical pathologists, urological pathologists, pathology residents and fellows. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
Bladder, prostate, kidney and testis represent significant challenges to the anatomic diagnostician because recent advances in molecular medicine have created a shift in classification, treatment and prognosis, altering and augmenting the visual interpretation of their morphology. Whether you are in academic or community practice, an experienced pathologist or a trainee, the opportunity to review challenging cases with established experts in urologic pathology ignites the mental algorithms leading to precise diagnoses.
Conference Objectives are :
• Recognize the most common benign mimickers of prostate cancer, identify therapy related changes in the prostate and be aware of potential diagnostic pitfalls.
• Identify secondary tumors involving the prostate, tumors arising from the prostatic urethra and histologic variants of prostate cancer.
• Update pathologists on newly described entities in renal neoplasia, including diagnostic guidelines for using immunohistochemistry in the work-up of renal tumors.
• Discuss various aspects of reporting RCC, including grading and staging, and also discuss the work-up of needle biopsy of renal tumors.
• Develop a systematic approach to the diagnosis of bladder lesions, primary and secondary bladder tumors, and benign mimickers of malignancy, and also staging criteria.
• Introduce the new concepts and entities presented in WHO 2016 classification, including up to date information on diagnosis, clinical behavior and management.
• Present different challenging diagnostic entities with relevant discussions including differential diagnosis, morphologic mimics and prognostic significance.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.