'Best Practices in Opioid Management - For Prescribers': Complete Program, including Discussion is organized by Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) Ltd and will be held from Jan 15, 2018 - Jan 15, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is orthopaedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, rheumatologists, radiologists, neurologists, occupational therapists, physiatrists, pediatricians, psychiatrists, pain physicians, primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, rehabilitation therapists, and social workers. Residents and fellows can also benefit from this activity.
Use of opioids has become a great public health concern with rising levels of prescription opioid overdose, abuse, and addiction in recent years.
This activity, featured as part of the webinar series Best Practices in Opioid Management, shares insights on opioid prescription guidelines, pain management in musculoskeletal health, preoperative and postoperative evaluations, and patient behavioral health. The overall webinar series will include: For Prescribers, For Non-Prescribers, and Considerations in Behavioral Health.
Hospital for Special Surgery activities are intended to improve the quality of patient care and safety. At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Describe safe and competent use of opioids and properly prescribe opioid medications to patients with acute and chronic pain or refer patients to colleagues.
• State the legal requirements for prescribing opioid medications and also relate and use the necessary documentation when prescribing.
• Recognize the relationship between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses when caring for patients who require opioid pain medications, and identify opportunities for colleague consultation and referrals to optimize positive patient outcomes and do so in practice.
• Describe the potential behavioral ramifications of prescribing opioid pain medications.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Contact Hours 1
- 180 Minutes
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine