FMfc-Family Medicine- Female Challenges is organized by American Medical Seminars (AMS), Inc. This course has been approved for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2021
Expiration Date: July 1, 2024
TOPIC 1: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Upon completion of this session, using ACOG Practice Guidelines, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
• Define abnormal uterine bleeding.
• Differentiate between functional and organic causes.
• Manage most non-surgical etiologies of this problem.
TOPIC 2: Premenstrual Syndrome.
Upon completion of this session, using ACOG Guidelines and NIH Guidelines, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
• Correctly diagnose patients with this disorder using NIH guidelines.
• Utilize current effective and FDA-approved therapies.
• Formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis for PMS.
TOPIC 3: Pelvic Pain.
Upon completion of this session, using ACOG Practice Guidelines, International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS), and the Cochrane Abstract Database, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
• Assess the patient with acute or chronic pain.
• Identify the differential diagnosis and choose appropriate management options for the patient.
• Differentiate patients who require immediate attention to their pelvic pain versus the chronic pain patient.