Addressing Transgender Health Care
Addressing Transgender Health Care is organized by Texas Medical Liability Trust (TMLT).
Release date: Mar 19, 2018
Expiration date: Mar 19, 2021
This one hour activity is intended for physicians of all specialties who are interested in practical ways to reduce the potential for malpractice liability.
• 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ (Internet Enduring)
• 1 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility
Categories: Risk Management, CME, Communication
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
• Define the term transgender;
• Identify the barriers and difficulties experienced by transgender patients when interacting with the health care system;
• Explain cultural competency and humility, and caregiver bias;
• Discuss techniques to practice cultural competency with transgender patients; and
• Describe risk management recommendations for health care professionals working with transgender patients.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Cultural CompetencyProfessional Medical Ethics
Professional Medical EthicsMedical Ethics
Medical EthicsProfessional Responsibility
- CME : 1
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine