Practice Guideline for Counselors: Medications in the Treatment of Addiction Involving Opioid Use
Practice Guideline for Counselors: Medications in the Treatment of Addiction Involving Opioid Use is organized by CEmobile, LLC.
This course does not expire. However, courses may be updated in the future. If the course is no longer available, you will be allowed to exchange a course or request a refund.
Course Credit(s): 4 CE Credit or Hour
This course was developed to assist counselors in the evaluation and treatment of opioid use disorder. Although there are existing guidelines for the treatment of opioid use disorder, none have included all of the medications used for its treatment at present. Moreover, few of the existing guidelines address the needs of special populations such as pregnant women, individuals with co-occurring psychiatric disorders, individuals with pain, adolescents, or individuals involved in the criminal justice system.
• Describe current practices and outstanding questions regarding the safe and effective use of medications for the treatment of opioid use disorder
• Analyze a methodology that integrates evidence-based practices and expert clinical judgment to develop recommendations on best practices in opioid use disorder treatment
• Describe best practices for clinicians’ use to improve the effectiveness of opioid use disorder treatment
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE Credits : 4
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine