- Physician - Dist of Col
- Physician Assistant - Dist of Col, Florida
Human Trafficking for Physicians and Physician Assistants is organized by AchieveCE.
• Medical Doctor
• Physician Assistant
This course is designed for Florida health care professionals and those in allied professions who may come into contact with and be called upon to intervene on behalf of victims of human trafficking.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Define human trafficking.
• Discuss the prevalence of human trafficking within the United States.
• Describe common forms and venues of human trafficking.
• Identify common misconceptions regarding human trafficking.
• Identify risk factors that may contribute to someone becoming a victim of human trafficking.
• Describe common tactics used by perpetrators of human trafficking to recruit victims.
• Describe the various stages of the human trafficking process.
• Understand how to document findings from victims of human trafficking.
• Describe the psychological, social, and physical impact of human trafficking on victims.
• Describe the role of health care providers in identifying potential victims of human trafficking.
• Identify potential warning signs of human trafficking.
• Describe how to report known or suspected cases of human trafficking.
• Discuss laws and penalties for human trafficking.
• Identify strategies for preventing and increasing awareness of human trafficking
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Continuing Education Company, Inc. and AchieveCE. Continuing Education Company, Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Education Company, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.