Human Trafficking Prevention Training for Texas Healthcare Practitioners is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2023-11-01
Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) approved training course for nurses and other healthcare practitioners to meet the TX requirement to recognize, intervene, and report suspected human trafficking.
Course Learning Objectives:
1) Define the concepts and elements that constitute human trafficking.
2) Recognize the dynamics and vulnerability factors for human trafficking.
3) Articulate the scope and impacts of human trafficking.
4) Identify the “red flags” that may indicate human trafficking.
5) Describe assessment tools and strategies that can be used in clinical settings to identify human trafficking victims.
6) Discuss the importance of using a trauma-informed approach when screening victims of human trafficking.
7) Explain the role and actions that healthcare professionals can take to respond and follow up with patients who are trafficked.
8) List human trafficking resources, including contact information.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period