HIV/AIDS Infection Control for Dental Professionals is organized by AchieveCE.
This course is designed to provide licensed dental professionals with a deeper understanding regarding HIV and AIDS and the role that they can play in preventing the spread of HIV as well as how they can provide safe and compassionate care and services to individuals living with HIV and AIDS.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Define HIV and AIDS.
• Discuss the epidemiology of HIV and AIDS.
• Describe common modes of HIV transmission.
• Describe methods in which HIV may be transmitted in a health care setting.
• Discuss universal precautions and other infection control techniques that can reduce the risk of HIV transmission in health care settings.
• Identify common secondary infections and conditions associated with HIV and AIDS.
• Identify clinical strategies for the prevention and management of HIV and AIDS.
• Discuss federal and Florida laws pertaining to HIV and AIDS, including confidentiality of testing, the treatment of patients, partner notification and reporting requirements, and the offering of HIV testing to pregnant women.
Refunds are available if you cancel within 14 days of order confirmation and haven't started any courses. Note that online transaction charges will be deducted. No refund if courses are started during the cancellation period