Elder Care is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc..
Expiration Date: 2024-02-01
Comprehensive CEU course on elder care and geriatric care. 11-contact-hour course on the physiological, cognitive, and psychosocial changes of aging. Topics include assessment, goals of care, balance and fall risks, medication use and misuse in seniors, elder abuse, and end-of-life care including hospice.
Course Learning Objectives:
1) Summarize the models and goals of care for the older adult.
2)Discuss the major age-related physiologic changes impacting older adults and related assessment and management recommendations.
3) Discuss cognitive and psychosocial changes impacting the health of older individuals and related management recommendations.
4) Identify key elements in the functional assessment of the older adult.
5) Discuss risk factors and assessment strategies for falls prevention and home safety.
6) Explain the risks, safety, and management of medications for older adults.
7) Relate strategies for supporting family caregivers of elders.
8) Discuss legal and ethical considerations in the care of the older adult.
9) Review the assessment and management of elder abuse victims.
10) Clarify the principles that guide end-of-life care.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Course Registration Fee||01 Feb, 2024||USD 51.00|
Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #12300, for 11.00 Contact Hours.
CE Broker Approved Provider Number 50-2174. CE Broker Course Tracking Number 20-800331.
Toll free Number
Primary Care +3 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20
Healthcare Management +12 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 10