Domestic Violence Education for Florida Nurses is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2023-08-01
MANDATORY FLORIDA NURSING CEU: RN/LPN/CNS/ARNP. CNE course covers care for victims of domestic violence, health effects on adult and child victims, legal remedies for protection, lethality and risk issues, available community resources and victim services, and reporting requirements in Florida. Florida Board of Nursing approved provider.
Course Learning Objectives:
• Define “domestic violence” according to Florida law.
• Identify the different types of domestic violence.
• Describe who is affected by domestic violence.
• Discuss the healthcare implications and adverse effects of domestic violence.
• List common risk factors, lethality issues, and dynamics of abuse.
• Recognize the signs and symptoms of domestic violence.
• Discuss appropriate documentation in cases of suspected domestic violence.
• Summarize Florida’s mandatory reporting, information sharing, and referral requirements.
• Identify community resources and victim services and protections
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.