Chest Tubes Nursing Care is organized by Nursing CE Central.
Course Created on: March 01, 2018
Course Renewd on: February 24, 2022
Course Expires on: February 24, 2025
• Registered Nurses (RN)
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
• Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN/LVN)
Chest tube nursing care and placement is common procedure in many hospitals, yet nurses consistently rank them as one of the most overwhelming drains to care for.
A malfunction in a chest tube can be deadly for a patient in a matter of seconds. Many hospitals have recognized them as a common source of error and patient harm. For these reasons it is imperative that nurses understand how chest tubes function and how to care for them. In this course we will discuss the anatomy, indications, and care of chest tubes.
• What Is a Chest Tube?
• Current Practice
• Indications for Chest Tube Placement
• Patient Considerations for Chest Tube Nursing Care
• Potential Complications
• Where Are Chest Tubes Placed?
• Chest Tube Drainage Systems
• Nurse Roles and Responsibilities: How to Manage Chest Tubes
• Chest Tube Nursing Care Troubleshooting: When to Call the Doctor
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
• Identify the relevant anatomy and indications for chest tube placement.
• Understand the basics of the procedure and different type of chest tubes.
• Explain chest tube nursing care, including basic troubleshooting
Suppose you cancel the course booking within 14 calendar days of receiving your order confirmation and before the start of the course. In that case, you are entitled to a refund of the price paid after deducting the online transaction charges.
For the avoidance of doubt, the cancellation period will expire 14 days after the date of the Order Confirmation.
If you start to use our services during the cancellation period (i.e., if the course commences during the 14-day cancellation period) and/or if you access the course materials via our online course spaces (i.e., via our virtual learning environment), no refund will be payable.