Best-Practice Prescribing and Drug Diversion Training for West Virginia Nurses (3 Hours) is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: 2025-02-17
MANDATORY WEST VIRGINIA NURSING CEU. Fulfills the WV Board of Nursing requirement of 3 contact hours of continuing education on drug diversion and responsible prescribing of controlled substances. Per Chapter 30-1-7a, each nurse must complete 3 contact hours initially and then 1 contact hour, thereafter, annually of CE for drug diversion training, best-practice prescribing of controlled substances training, and training on prescribing and administration of an opioid antagonist if they prescribe, administer or dispense controlled substances. CEU course covers preventing prescription drug misuse/abuse, managing chronic pain, risk factors, and WV evidence-based guidelines for prescribing drugs.
Course Learning Objectives:
1) Discuss the scope of prescription drug misuse and diversion.
2) Identify components of responsible prescribing practices for opioid medications.
3) Summarize the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain.
4) Describe the West Virginia Safe and Effective Management of Pain (SEMP) Guidelines.
5) Explain various strategies designed to prevent prescription drug misuse and diversion.
6) Discuss considerations for the use of the opioid antagonist naloxone.
|Registration Name||Category||Last Date||Price|
|Course Fee||Course Registration Fee||17 Feb, 2025||USD 30.00|
Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc., is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
CE Broker Approved Provider Number 50-2174. CE Broker Course Tracking Number 20-915165.
Toll free Number
Healthcare Management +12 More
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 10