Treatment and Management of Ocular Pain: NSAIDs and Opioids
Treatment and Management of Ocular Pain: NSAIDs and Opioids is organized by Pacific University.
Expiration Date: May 12, 2023
Credits: 2.00 credits
Ocular pain is an important reason why patients seek care, especially on an emergent basis. The following interactive presentation will use a case based approach to explore the most effective means to manage pain in optometric practice including the importance of understanding addiction and the current opioid abuse epidemic. Topical and oral pain management will be discussed with particular emphasis on the appropriate steps in prescribing oral pain medications.
• The attendee will be familiar with the commonly prescribed prescription pain medications in optometric practice and their appropriate dosing.
• The attendee will be familiar with the common over the counter pain management medications and their appropriate dosing.
• The attendee will be familiar with the opioid epidemic and how to potentially identify patients seeking opioid medications.
• The attendee will be familiar with how NSAIDs help manage inflammation and pain.
• The attendee will be familiar with the appropriate steps to be taken in prescribing controlled substances (e.g. opioid medications) and the necessary patient education on potential complications.
• The attendee will be familiar with the pathway in which pain is generated in the eye.
• The attendee will be familiar with drug addiction and how it can develop in their patients.
• The attendee will be familiar with the common ocular conditions that may require pain management.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- Credits : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine