Treatment and Management of Ocular infection: Systemic antibiotics in eye care
Treatment and Management of Ocular infection: Systemic antibiotics in eye care is organized by Pacific University.
Expiration Date: May 12, 2023
Credits: 2.00 credits.
Optometrists are familiar with the use of topical antibiotics in the treatment of ocular conditions but often hesitate in the use of systemic antibiotics in treatment protocols. Utilizing the latest in interactive technology, this course will review the major groups of antibiotics, their modes of action and their systemic indications in infection management. Special emphasis will be placed on the current use of systemic antibiotics in the treatment of ocular disease conditions.
• Understand the indications for laboratory tests used to diagnose Zika virus.
• The attendee will be familiar with the ocular side effects of systemic administration of antibiotics
• The attendee will be familiar with the individual groups of antibiotics and their systemic indication for use
• The attendee will be familiar with the major group of antibiotics, their mode of therapeutic action, specific representatives from each group and their appropriate dosing
• The attendee will be familiar with the complications associated with antibiotic use
• The attendee will be familiar with the individual groups of antibiotics and their ocular indication for use
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- Credits : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine