Contemporary Issues in Ocular Therapeutics Injectable Pharmaceuticals in Eye Care
Contemporary Issues in Ocular Therapeutics Injectable Pharmaceuticals in Eye Care is organized by Pacific University.
Expiration Date: June 23, 2023
Credits: 2.00 credits.
Improve the knowledge of various injectable techniques. Improve the doctor skill sets for the various injectable routes. Develop a better understanding of the ocular and systemic conditions that greatly benefit from the use of the injectable route to deliver medications.
• Understand the dermal injection of local anesthetic
• To understand the use of subconjunctival injections.
• Understand skills needed to perform intralesional injections of corticosteroid
• To demonstrate proper documentation of procedure
• Use appropriate measures to avoid contact with potentially infectious body fluids.
• To recognize complications that can occur with IM/SQ & IVinsertions
• Discuss the opportunities and barriers for Optometrists to implement emergent, diagnostic and therapeutic injection services
• To define the proper technique and procedure for IM/SQ insertions
• Understand the medications used when utilizing the injectable route for emergent. Diagnostic and therapeutic needs.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- Credits : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine