16th Annual Academic Surgical Congress (ASC): A Virtual 2021 Experience
Organized by : Association for Academic Surgery (AAS) | Society of University Surgeons (SUS)
Specialties : Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, Pediatric Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Burn Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, GI Tumor and Endocrine Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Transplant Surgery, Dermatologic Surgery, Spine surgery, Orthopedic Surgery
Fee : Free
16th Annual Academic Surgical Congress (ASC): A Virtual 2021 Experience is organized by Association for Academic Surgery (AAS), Society of University Surgeons (SUS) and will be held from Feb 02 - 04, 2021.
Sixteen years ago the first Academic Surgical Congress (ASC) was jointly held by the Association for Academic Surgery (AAS) and the Society of University Surgeons (SUS) to educate surgeons at every stage in their careers. The attendees are physicians, fellows, residents, medical students and allied health professionals who work in academic surgical facilities both national and internationally.
As this unprecedented year unfolds, the AAS and SUS leadership are carefully watching the evolving crisis to understand its impact on our members. While much remains uncertain, it is clear that all of us have been significantly impacted – either by the pandemic itself or the financial implications of the shutdowns. At many of our institutions, elective surgery, research programs and labs have been put on hold. After discussions with many of you across the U.S. and internationally, they have learned that there are widespread institutional restrictions on travel and discretionary funding for next year. There is also significant uncertainty beyond travel or budget restrictions, including the safety of convening a large in-person meeting.
They feel that it is important for us to continue our mission of providing a rich and diverse environment for the development of academic surgical leaders in line with our core values: scholarship, leadership, professional development, mentorship, innovation, community, and inclusion.
With this in mind, they have decided the 2021 Academic Surgical Congress will take place on a virtual platform. The program committee and leadership are working hard to make our first virtual meeting exciting, impactful, and reflective of the issues confronting our societies.
After participating in this educational activity, attendees will be able to:
• Identify important research and clinical advancements relating to topics within academic surgery, including oncology, trauma, critical care, pediatrics, vascular, cardiothoracic, gastroenterology, transplant, education, emerging technologies, global surgery, clinical trials, outcomes, and health services research.
• Develop an understanding of current issues in the advancement of the art and science of surgery.
• Improve treatment strategies for surgical patients.
• Discuss the latest basic science, translational, and health services research and the expected impact of these breakthroughs in future patient care.
• Review the newest technologies that facilitate improved outcomes in surgical patients.
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine