2022 Woundcare and Hyperbaric Symposium is organized by MVS Wound Care & Hyperbaric and will be released on March 5th, 2022 in a Virtual, on-demand format. The show will be active for 6 months (Ending on September 5th, 2022)
This course was designed to meet the educational needs of MD's and DO's as well as DPM's and PA's. It is also recommended for RN's and other healthcare professionals who are involved in wound care and/or hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).
This course provides a complete update, review, as well as future practice for Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy (HBOT). This course covers oxygen physiology, the mechanisms-of-action of HBOT, improved indications and etiology. Lectures will include a review on the primary clinical indications and management of patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen treatment. This course focuses on HBOT basics and Wound Care. However, it is an excellent educational opportunity to all health care professionals who wish to increase their knowledge in Vascular, Podiatric and Pain Management.
Participants should be able:
• Discuss the clinical effects of COVID-19 and the current state of Hyperbaric treatment intervention.
• Describe the physiology, etiology, and mechanisms of hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBOT)
• Identify the different types of wounds such as pressure ulcers and arterial ulcers.
• Talk about difficult-to-heal wounds and the best way to deliver care.
• Discuss the state of hyperbaric medicine today and the benefits it offers many patients in wound care.
• Identify ethical issues surrounding HBOT.
• Talk about the business side of wound care, as it relates billing and coding.