Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound With Interventional Human Cadaver Lab is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from Aug 14 - 16, 2023 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course With Interventional Cadaver Lab Provides Participants a Comprehensive Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound on Topics Based on Aium Practice Guidelines. These Courses Are Taught by Leading Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Experts That Incorporates Comprehensive Lectures on Upper and Lower Extremity Applications, Live Scanning Demonstrations, and Interactive Case Presentations Featuring a 3:1 Participant to Faculty Hands-on Scan Ratio With Live Models, Phantoms, and Human Cadaver Labs. Performing Ultrasound-guided Interventions Requires a Strong Knowledge Base Pertaining to Scanning Techniques, Recognition of Normal Anatomy, Pathologic Conditions, and Needle-guidance Techniques. The Use of Human Cadaveric Specimens Allows the Learner to Augment the Scanning and Interventional Skills in Order to Immediately Begin Integrating the Skills Into Clinical Practice. These courses are held at multiple dates throughout the year, making it the perfect course for both local participants and participants traveling to Florida. For the most comprehensive MSK Ultrasound education, combine the Introduction to MSK Ultrasound program with either the Advanced/Interventional or Regenerative Medicine MSK program. The Advanced/Interventional and Regenerative Medicine MSK courses both include a cadaver workshop to further enhance your interventional skills for increased confidence and competence. Tuition discounts are available for the combined programs along with cost savings related to travel expenses.
• Increase the Participant's Knowledge to Better Perform and/or Interpret Msk Ultrasound Examinations.
• List the Indications, Benefits, and Limitations of Msk Ultrasound for Sports Medicine Injuries, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Rheumatology Applications.
• Demonstrate Proper Transducer Manipulation and System Optimization to Produce Diagnostic Images.
• Demonstrate Scanning Protocols for Performing Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist/hand, Knee, Ankle/foot, & Hip Ultrasound Examinations.
• Identify Normal Anatomy During Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging.
• Identify the Sonographic Appearance of Commonly Seen Pathology of the Shoulder, Knee, Elbow, Wrist/hand, Ankle, and Foot.
• Demonstrate the Use of Msk Sonography for Diagnosis and Ultrasound-guided Interventions and Describe "in-plane" and "Out of Plane" Injections/aspiration Techniques Using Inanimate Phantoms.
• Increase Confidence to Incorporate Protocols, Techniques and Interpretation Criteria to Improve Diagnostic/treatment Accuracy.
• Identify the Sonographic Anatomy During the Performance of Ultrasound Guided Msk Injections on Cadaver Models.
• Shoulder Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Shoulder Pathology
• Elbow Anatomy & Scan Techniques
• Elbow Pathology
• Wrist & Hand Anatomy, Scan Techniques
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Wrist and Hand Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Ankle & Foot
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Ankle/foot Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Hip Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee: Normal Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
• Knee Pathology
• Ultrasound Guided Injection Techniques
• Use of Ultrasound in Rheumatology Applications
• Live Scanning Demonstrations: All Joints
• Cadaver Lab: Upper & Lower Extremity Injection Techniques