38th Annual Series Emergency Medicine & Acute Care Course organized by The Center for Medical Education, Inc. will be held from Aug 21 - 24, 2023 at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand key points from the literature regarding leading-edge Emergency Medicine topics
• Analyze literature-based recommendations for practice improvement
• Effectively translate the acquired strategies into improved diagnostics and subsequently implement a better treatment plan for their patients
We’re committed to bringing you the newest, most controversial, and provocative topics in EM and acute care.
• Updates in the Care of Pulmonary Edema
• New Trends in Antibiotic Utilization
• Non-Occlusive Myocardial Infarctions
• NOMI ECGs – It’s Not Just STEMIs Anymore
• Getting Even Better at Pain Treatment
• Cruising the Critical Care Literature
• Management of the SOB Child
• Appendicitis and Diverticulitis: Antibiotics?
• Pearls from Risk Management Monthly - Part 1
• Pearls from Risk Management Monthly - Part 2
• Airway Management Nuances
• New EM Drugs and Products
• Toddler Fever – What’s New?
• Strokes, Mini Strokes, and TIAs
• Visual Diagnosis Challenges - Part 1
• Visual Diagnosis Challenges - Part 2
• Low-Value Injury Care
• Serious Medication Errors in the ED
• Racial and Ethnic Challenges in EM
• Making a Difference in Low Back Pain
• Holding Admitted Patient's Worsens Outcomes
• Emergency Medicine Myth Busting - Part 1
• Emergency Medicine Myth Busting - Part 2
• Practice Variation – “The Art of Medicine”
• GU Challenges in Children and Adults
• Upping Your Game in Headache Care
• Aortic Dissection, Uncommon but a Killer
• Concussion Care: What’s the Evidence?
• Important Recent EM Literature - Part 1
• Important Recent EM Literature - Part 2
• ED Staffing and Operations Forum*
• Diagnostic and Therapeutic Controversies