Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia Workshop is organized by Arun Kalava and will be held on Sep 24, 2022, at Nova Southeastern University - Tampa Bay Regional Campus, Clearwater, Florida, United States of America.
This one-day intensive program has been specially designed for both new and experienced healthcare professionals who want to either learn the fundamentals of ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia or expand their knowledge in the field. To study and recognize various sono-anatomy relating to the regional anesthetic, participants will undergo up to 6 hours of hands-on ultrasound scanning on live models of various body habits. To reduce the workshop's didactic component, pre-course reading will be made available. You will be expected to have gained extensive knowledge and tremendous confidence in the use of ultrasound for regional anesthesia by the end of the workshop.
As a result of participating in this sermonic activity, the learner will be better able to:
• Outline and discuss the basic tenets of ultrasound
• Recognize typical sonoanatomy and anomalies
• Describe how to choose a nerve block for a particular surgery
• Enhancing patient safety and the ability to identify important components while providing regional anaesthesia
• Explain how to place a needle for both in-plane and out-of-plane ultrasound-guided nerve blocks
• Enhance the success rate of blocks and patient satisfaction
• Perform spinal/epidural imaging with ultrasound