Breast Imaging at the Beach is organized by Penn Medicine - Department of Radiology and will be held from Jan 09 - 12, 2022 at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Punta Mita, Nayarit, Mexico.
This course is designed for practicing radiologists who are looking to improve their interpretive and diagnostic acumen in mammography, tomosynthesis, ultrasound, and MRI.
In addition to a review of breast imaging fundamentals, which is offered to improve interpretation skills, our program will include the latest medical technology and techniques such as digital breast tomosynthesis, screening breast ultrasound, as well as full and abbreviated breast MRI protocols to further educate healthcare providers. We will look at the evolving data that supports evidence-based utilization of specific breast imaging modalities to advance precision imaging of the breast patient.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Review methods to optimize mammographic screening (i.e. increase cancer detection while minimizing false positives)
• Explain the roles and potential benefits of digital breast tomosynthesis and synthetic 2D imaging in the screening and diagnosis of breast cancer and benign breast diseases
• Discuss the data on the use of whole breast ultrasound, molecular breast imaging, and abbreviated breast MRI in the supplemental screening of women at average risk with dense breasts
• Discuss the strategies for breast MRI interpretation
• Improve image-guided breast biopsy skills
• Relate the basics of breast cancer biology and imaging implications
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.