AO CMF NA Course — Focus: Ballistics Injury Management
AO CMF NA Course — Focus: Ballistics Injury Management is organized by AO North America (AO NA) and will be held from Jan 07 - 09, 2022 at OLC Education & Conference Center, Rosemont, Illinois, United States of America.
This course is designed for attending surgeons in the fields of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic and Reconstruction, Ophthalmology and Oculoplastics. Senior Residents (PGY 3 and above) and Fellows may also find this course beneficial.
This 2 ½ day course emphasizes practical lectures and hands-on experiences from planning a cutting-edge reconstruction procedure for the tertiary reconstruction of an individual’s craniomaxillofacial wound to performing the reconstruction of both hard-tissue and soft-tissue defects under expert mentors in a 3:1 student to expert faculty ratio.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
• Display current knowledge regarding ballistic wound surgical planning and intra-operative management in the field of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
• Identify appropriate applications for pre-surgical planning and intra-operative management for treatment of traumatic, avulsive tissue-loss injuries
• Demonstrate the psychomotor skills necessary to perform both pre-surgical planning and intra-operative techniques including immobilization of soft tissues to adequately reconstruct avulsive soft tissue defects of the head / neck region
• Discuss the applicability of computer-aided techniques when analyzing post-operative results and outcome analysis
• Evaluate the problems, complications and intra-operative difficulties that can result from the application of these approaches
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pulmonary Medicine