Therapeutic Evaluation and Treatment of Toe Walking (Pediatric Equinus Gait) is organized by Education Resources, Inc. (ERI) and will be held from Oct 30 - 31, 2020 at Children's Specialized Hospital- New Brunswick - Inpatient Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States of America.
• This course meets the criteria for 14.5 contact hours (1.45 CEUs).
• Approved provider of continuing education by the American Occupational Therapy Association #3043, for 14.5 contact hours (1.45 CEUs) - Intermediate Level Occupational Therapy Process: assessment, intervention.
• The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products or clinical procedures by AOTA.
This lab-based course teaches practitioners to assess toe walking through a holistic view of the child, including biomechanics and sensory processing, to develop a systematic approach to devise an effective treatment plan. This course will change how you think about and treat children with equinus gait. This information is applicable to therapists in school-based, clinical, home, and hospital settings.
This course will teach clinicians to develop interventions based on etiologies to produce successful long term outcomes. Through an organized evaluation procedure, specific data will be used to direct the clinician to potential etiologies. Causes and appropriate intervention strategies are identified in order to utilize a systematic approach to developing an effective treatment plan. This course challenges the clinician to ask the correct questions in order to form a systematic approach to treating the child who “toe walks.” As requested by previous participants.
• Identify specific etiologies relevant to pediatric equinus gait.
• Discuss etiology-specific & age-appropriate assessment & management strategies for this population.
• Apply effective examination, evaluation, intervention and treatment strategies to toe walking in the pediatric population.
• Design an effective & individualized treatment plan for the pediatric patient.
• Explain the future consequences of incorrect intervention.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||29 Oct,2020||USD 435.00|
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news