Program for Chairs of Clinical Services 2020
Program for Chairs of Clinical Services is organized by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Executive and Continuing Professional Education (ECPE) and will be held from Jan 26 - Feb 07, 2020 at FXB Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
Who Should Apply:
The program is designed for chairs of major clinical departments in teaching hospitals whose responsibilities require them to allocate resources, develop policies, and provide leadership. Potential participants include heads of departments of medicine, surgery, obstetrics-gynecology, pediatrics, family medicine, psychiatry, neurology, anesthesiology, pathology, and radiology. Chairs of other major departments with residency programs are also eligible. Participants will be selected with a view to ensuring an appropriate mix and balance in the class.
Chairs of major clinical departments traditionally have faced complex responsibilities because of their multiple tasks – patient care, teaching, research, and administration.
As a result of the effects of health reform, financial pressures, and resource constraints, many chairs are being asked by their institutions to become more extensively involved in institutional decision-making with regard to programs, staffing, operating and capital budgets, and other issues, such as the restructuring of the clinical enterprise. These responsibilities are in addition to their traditional concerns within their own departments. At the same time, chairs have to consider to a greater degree the relationship between institutional priorities, departmental decisions, and collaboration with other services. These new tasks call for new leadership and managerial skills.
The Program for Chairs of Clinical Services brings together chairs of major clinical departments in teaching hospitals and health systems and an experienced interdisciplinary faculty for two weeks of intensive and systematic study of some of the critical leadership and management issues facing chairs, their departments, and teaching hospitals.
The program’s overall objective is to enhance and develop participants’ leadership abilities and effectiveness. This is accomplished by providing broader understanding of their responsibilities as leaders; perspective on some of the critical leadership and management issues they face; and understanding and awareness of concepts and techniques relevant to management.
Upon Completion of the Program, Participants Will Have Gained:
• Increased understanding of their responsibilities and tasks as leaders of clinical departments and members of the leadership group of their institution
• A broader appreciation of and insight into the external challenges facing, and changes occurring in, academic medical centers; the range of options and responses available; and the implications for their own institution, clinical service, and academic program
• New perspectives on issues they face currently and on those which arise in the future
• Knowledge of relevant concepts and techniques in several key management disciplines
• New methods to analyze problems and an enhanced capacity to identify the critical questions
• Greater effectiveness as departmental and institutional leaders in formulating and implementing new initiatives and managing change
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+1 (617) 495-1000,
+1 (617) 432-1031,
+1 (617) 432-1867
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $8400.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|