Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound: Neurology and Interventional Tracks Course
Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound: Neurology and Interventional Tracks Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc. and will be held from May 18 - 19, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
Any clinician, sonographer or other medical professional who desires a hands-on scanning skills workshop to learn how to perform and interpret advanced musculoskeletal ultrasound techniques and interventional procedures of the upper and lower limbs. Participants may include: Physicians, NP’s, PA’s, Sonographers, Physical Therapists, and other medical professionals specializing in: Neurology, Sports Medicine, Orthopedics, Rheumatology, PM&R, Pain Management, anesthesiology, Regenerative Medicine, and other MSK related fields.
Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound: Neurology and Interventional Tracks - Live Course:
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Peripheral Nerve Ultrasound Course is designed to provide a comprehensive approach to the use of ultrasound for the assessment and treatment of peripheral nerves including two separate tracks to address diagnostic and therapeutic applications for neurology-based and interventional-based specialty applications.
The interventional-based track includes a comprehensive discussion of the sonographic appearance and recognition of upper and lower limb peripheral nerves, ultrasound guided injection techniques for peripheral nerve injections, and regenerative medicine procedures. Scanning workshops are provided with live patient models and human cadaveric specimens.
The neurology-based track is designed for practitioners interested in the comprehensive approach to diagnostic ultrasound for peripheral nerves and other neuromuscular conditions. The use of diagnostic ultrasound in conjunction with electrophysiologic techniques will be reviewed. The sonographic appearance of muscle for both diagnostic assessment and identification for chemodenervation will also be reviewed. Scanning workshops are provided with live patient models and human cadaveric specimens.
• Ultrasound Imaging Fundamentals
• Introduction to the Ultrasound Evaluation of Peripheral Nerves
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Brachial Plexus/shoulder nerves
• Pathology of the Brachial Plexus and Shoulder Nerves
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the radial, ulnar, and median nerves
• Pathology of the radial, ulnar, and median nerves
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee Nerves (normal and pathology)
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Foot & Ankle Nerves (normal and pathology)
• Ultrasound-Guided Injection Techniques
• Advanced Nerve Injections
• Regenerative Medicine Procedures
• EMG Guidance
• Ultrasound and Chemodenervation
• Interactive Challenging Case Studies
• Interactive case studies
• Live scanning demonstrations
• Hands-On Scanning Live Models
• Human Cadaver scanning workshop for interventional procedures/injection techniques
• Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and / or interpret peripheral nerve ultrasound exams.
• State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
• Recognize anatomy and ultrasound characteristics of the nerves and surrounding tissue to assist with management of focal neuropathies.
• Assess and diagnose focal neuropathies using high frequency ultrasound techniques.
• Identify common and challenging nerves using high frequency ultrasound
• Outline the standard approach for common and uncommon peripheral nerve blocks and interventions.
• Recognize muscle echo texture and anatomical localization for diagnostic purposes and therapeutic injections, including chemodenervation.
• Increase confidence to perform diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound guidance for peripheral nerve procedures.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
|Contact No. :||727.363.4500
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Advanced Fee||18 Apr,2020||USD 2975.00|