Culinary Medicine Conference is organized by University of Florida (UF) and will be held on Feb 29, 2020 at The Epicurean Hotel, Tampa, Florida, United States of America.
The University of Florida College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Suwannee River Area Health Education Center, Inc. is a Florida Board of Nursing approved provider of continuing education. CE Broker Provider ID #50-1922. This program meets the requirements for up to 7.5 contact hours.
Although nutrition is described in cardiovascular guidelines as a foundation of care, neither education nor practice among cardiologists and cardiovascular team members reflects that. Cardiologists report inadequate training in nutrition, with minimal education in medical school, and often none during internal medicine residency and cardiovascular fellowship training. Cardiologists state that they spend less than three minutes of their physician-patient office visit on nutrition counseling.
The goal of this conference is to educate physicians, allied professionals, and medical students about the impact of food on the body through an understanding of stress response, microbiome, and immune response. Culinary Medicine 2020 will consist of talks from expert lecturers and physicians on the link between diet and health and how to incorporate these concepts into your practice. Attendees will also get the opportunity to experience 2 hours of plant-based cooking demonstrations from experts Ann and Jane Esselstyn.
Why You Should Attend:
• Lecturers include world-renowned speakers on the microbiome and plant-based diets
• Learn to better educate your patients on the role that diet plays in their overall health
• Learn practical tips on how to cook plant-based foods
• The small size allows time for you to interact closely with the speakers and ask questions
As a result of participation in this activity, participants will be able to:
• Understand the fundamentals of the optimal diet: whole grains, fruits, and vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds
• Understand how nutrition can impact illness via the immune system and microbiome
• Obtain practical skills on how to advise patients on a good diet and practical tips to eating better
• Educating allied professionals, physicians and medical students about the impact of food on the body through an understanding of stress response, microbiome and immune response.
• Provide practical tips on what foods are important in the body and why
• Provide hands-on experience with different spices and food preparation to then be better educators to patients
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|General Registration Fee||28 Feb,2020||USD 350.00|
|Residents/Fellows Fee||28 Feb,2020||USD 300.00|
|Students Fee||28 Feb,2020||USD 250.00|
The Epicurean Hotel
1207 S Howard Ave
Tampa, Florida, United States of America
The Epicurean Hotel,
1207 S Howard Ave,
Tampa, Florida, United States of America 33606,
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news