AOSpine Advanced Level Specimen Course - Posterior Spinal Approaches and Techniques is organized by AOSpine Europe and will be held from Apr 02 - 03, 2020 at Educational Centre for Practical Anatomy ECPA-CZ, o.p.s., Brno, South Moravian Region, Czech Republic. This course has been approved for a maximum of 11 CME Credits.
This event is targeted at certified surgeons (neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, trauma surgeons) actively involved in spinal surgical care, who on daily basis use posterior spinal approaches and techniques in various spinal conditions and who would like to enhance and update their knowledge and skills in this field of spinal surgical care.
This specimen course focuses on posterior spinal approaches and posterior spinal techniques from upper cervical spine down to the pelvis. Each region of the spine will be discussed from the point of view of biomechanics, anatomy and available posterior spinal techniques and instrumentation, which are used in various spinal conditions. Part of the course will be dedicated to spinal alignment correction techniques and instrumentation.
This specimen course is divided into sessions, which are focused on the particular anatomical region of the spine from the point of view of posterior spinal approaches and techniques.
In each session real-life cases will be presented, discussed and expert opinion lectures focused on particular topic will be given. Case reports, discussions and lectures will be followed by specimen labs, where participants, under supervision of faculty members, will have a chance to practice learned techniques.
• Assess morphology of upper cervical spine
• Describe key steps of safe instrumentation placement in upper cervical spine.
• Assess morphology of cervico-thoracic junction and Describe key steps of safe instrumentation placement in cervico-thoracic junction region.
• Define indications and Describe key steps of posterior column osteotomy (PCO) in Thoracic and lumbar spine.
• Define indications and Describe key steps of three column osteotomy (3CO) in thoracic and lumbar spine.
• Define indications for anchoring instrumentations to the pelvis and Describe key steps for placement of iliac and S2-ilum screws.
• Posterior surgical approach and fixation techniques: upper cervical spine
• Posterior surgical approach and fixation techniques: cervico-thoracic junction
• Posterior surgical approach, osteotomies and fixation techniques: thoracic spine
• Posterior surgical approach, osteotomies and fixation techniques: lumbar spine
• Posterior approach and fixation techniques: lumbosacral junction ad pelvis
|Contact No. :||+49 761 214138–10
+49 173 740 09 30
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|AOS non-member Fee||02 Apr,2020||EUR 970.00|
|AOS member Fee||02 Apr,2020||EUR 873.00|