Advanced Emergency Medicine & Critical Care Ultrasound - Live Course (Sep 17 - 18, 2020)
Advanced Emergency Medicine & Critical Care Ultrasound - Live Course is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GUI) Inc. and will be held from Sep 17 - 18, 2020 at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, St Petersburg, Florida, United States of America.
This hands-on emergency ultrasound course is intended for any medical professional involved with performing ultrasound examinations in an emergency or critical care setting. Participants may include, but are not limited to: emergency and critical care physicians, surgeons, hospitalists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, sonographers, internal medicine physicians, and any other point of care medical professionals. (GCUS recommends a minimum of 3 months prior scanning experience, or attendance of our Introduction to Emergency Medicine or Critical Care Ultrasound Course prior to attending the Advanced Course.)
Advanced Emergency Medicine & Critical Care Ultrasound - Live Course:
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Successful completion of this CME activity enables the participant to earn up to 16.50 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
• The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 16.50 hour(s) of ACEP Category I credit(s).
Focused Cardiac Ultrasound - Online Video:
The Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Advanced Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Ultrasound Live Training Course is designed to build on the knowledge base of experienced emergency medicine and critical care ultrasound professionals using advanced ACEP/WINFOCUS ultrasound topics. These courses are taught by leading emergency medicine & critical care ultrasound experts that incorporates comprehensive lectures and interactive case presentations. Extensive hands-on skills training is provided featuring the industry lowest 3:1 faculty to participant hands-on scan ratio with live models and phantoms.
For the most comprehensive Emergency Medicine/Critical Care Ultrasound education, combine this program with the Introductory level course to augment knowledge/competence and scanning skills. A combined tuition discount is offered along with cost-savings associated with travel expenses.
• Sonography in Shock & Source of Sepsis (Gallbladder, Biliary Tree, Appendix, Bowel Obstruction, Peritonitis & Abscess, Pylonephritis)
• Fluid Responsiveness in the Critically Ill
• Advanced Non-Cardiac Chest (Sinuses, Larynx, Trachea, Lung & Pleura)
• Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Vascular Access: Challenges, Pitfalls, Tips & Tricks
• Interactive Case Studies: What's Your DX?
• CRITICAL CARE TRACK:
○ Cardiac Doppler & Focused Calculations
○ Echo Assessment of Cardiomyopathies & Heart Failure
○ MI & Complications
○ Evaluation of the Right Heart
• EMERGENCY MEDICINE TRACK:
○ Sonography of the Acute Scrotum
○ Advanced EM Applications (Evaluation of Soft Tissue for Abscess, Foreign Body Detection, MSK Applications, Evaluation of Bony Cortices for Rapid Fracture Diagnoses/Post-Reduction Bony Alignment, Evaluation of the eye for Ocular Emergencies)
○ Nerve Blocks in the ED (Forearm, Femoral, and Selected Ankle Blocks)
• Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Emergency and Critical Care ultrasound examinations.
• Identify Sonographic Characteristics Associated With Abdominal Sepsis Involving The Hepatobiliary, Renal, And GI Systems.
• Outline indications and applications of color Doppler in the emergency and critical care setting.
• Perform ultrasound evaluation of the lung, ocular, soft-tissue, musculoskeletal, and bony cortices in the emergency department. (Optional EM track)
• Demonstrate the use of ultrasound guidance for peripheral vascular access.
• State principles of spectral and cardiac Doppler fundamentals and apply quantitative methods to evaluate acute valvular abnormalities (Optional critical care track).
• Recognize the sonographic appearance of individual nerves and list the advantages provided when ultrasound is used for performing regional nerve blocks. (Optional EM track)
• Evaluate fluid responsiveness in the critically ill patient.
• Perform testicular ultrasound and recognize acute abnormalities. (Optional EM track)
• Increase competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Advance Fee||18 Aug,2020||USD 1,695.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news