Wound Certification Prep Course (WCPC) is organized by Healthcare Made Practical (HMP) Communications LLC and will be held from Nov 09 - 10, 2019 at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, Flushing, New York, United States of America.
Who Should Attend?:
The Wound Certification Prep Course is a multidisciplinary course designed for the entire community of wound care professionals.
• Physician Assistants
• Advanced Practice Nurses
• Nurse Practitioners
• Directors of Nursing
• Assistant Directors of Nursing
• Licensed Practical Nurses
• Licensed Vocational Nurses
• Nursing Assistants
• Clinical Nurse Specialists
• Physical Therapists
• Healthcare, Sales, and Marketing Professionals
NACCME designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
NACCME has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with the AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 17 AAPA Category 1 credit(s).
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 13255 for 17.0 contact hours.
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME) is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR-credentialed Practitioners will receive 17 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/material.
California Medical Sciences Foundation: This course has been approved by the Medical Sciences Foundation for 17 continuing education hours.
New Jersey Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: This course has been approved by the New Jersey State Board Physical Therapy Examiners for 17 continuing education credits for PTs and PTAs.
Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: NACCME has submitted an application for approval to the MBPTE and is pending approval for 17 credit hours.
New York State Board for Physical Therapy: NACCME has submitted an application for approval to the New York State Board for Physical Therapy and is pending approval for 17 credit hours.
Nevada State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: NACCME has submitted an application for approval to the NSBPT and is pending approval for 17 credit hours.
North Carolina Physical Therapy Association: This activity is approved by the NCBPTE by virtue of approval by North American Center for Continuing Medical Education for a maximum of 17 hours.
Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision: NACCME has submitted an application for approval to the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision and is pending approval for 17 credit hours.
Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy: NACCME has submitted an application for approval to the Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy and is pending approval for 17 credit hours.
Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners: This activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 17.00 CCUs for PTs and PTAs.
North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. NACCME has approved this activity for a maximum of 17 continuing education contact hours.
The intensive, two-day event:
• Covers the essentials to get wound care-certified
• Improves your chances of passing the CWCA®, CWS®, or CWSP® board certification exams
• Taught by an interdisciplinary panel of ABWM Certified Wound Specialists
• Only course recommended by the ABWM Foundation
• Convenient format
• Cost-efficient (separate exam fee, exam is optional)
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
• Outline the etiology of chronic wounds and extrinsic factors that contribute to and affect wound healing outcomes.
• Describe the phases of wound healing and the associated microenvironment, cellular components and their functions in wound healing.
• Identify the anatomy of the skin and other important structures.
• Assess research and evidence related to wound management.
• Describe specific diagnostic tests, examination tests, lab tests and measures related to wound assessment and management.
• Identify the components of wound assessment and documentation.
• Identify methods for recognizing soft tissue and bone infections, bioburden management and treatment of local and systemic infections.
• Discuss nutritional factors and the underlying deficiencies that impact wound healing.
• Relate the psychosocial and cognitive aspects to patient outcomes in wound repair.
• Describe specific treatment interventions for chronic wounds including debridement, topical therapies, and biophysical agents.
SAVE $150 Off WCPC with code: EVVNT150*
IN 3 DAYS: COURSE EXAM = CERTIFICATION
Wound Certification Prep Course (WCPC), in conjunction with the American Board of Wound Management (ABWM), the certifying body that offers the Certified Wound Care Associate® (CWCA®), Certified Wound Specialist® (CWS®), and Certified Wound Specialist Physician® (CWSP®) certifications, offers a convenient way to become certified in wound care.
In Flushing, NY, you can take the 2-day Wound Certification Prep Course on November 9-10 and on the third day, November 11**, sit for one of the CWCA® or CWS® or CWSP® wound care certification exams.
*Discount applies to new registrations only and cannot be combined with any other discount.
**You must submit your completed exam application, separate payment, reference letters and all documentation to ABWM by October 18, in order to schedule your certification exam after the WCPC course in Flushing. Note there is limited availability so please submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Speakers: Carolyn Cuttino, BSN, RN, CWCN, CWS, Greg Patterson, MD, FACS, DABS, CWS, Lee C. Ruotsi, MD, ABWMS, CWS-P, UHM, Pamela Scarborough, PT, DPT, MS, CWS, CEEAA, Dot Weir, RN, CWON, CWS, Hollie Mangrum, PT, DPT, CWS
Time: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
|Contact No. :||8002377285
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Super Saver Fee||06 Sep,2019||USD 875.00|