Refresher Course on Perioperative Care and ERAS is organized by New York School of Regional Anesthesia (NYSORA) and will be held from Apr 29 - May 03, 2019 at Paradisus Cancun, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
While the course is targeted to all anesthesia practitioners, the didactic program makes it equally suitable for anesthesia residents, fellows, and other health care and health industry professionals.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 20 contact hours.
Pharmacotherapy contact hours for Advance Practice Registered Nurses will be designated on your certificate.
The seminar is designed to strike a balance between the highest quality CME education and leisure time in an inspiring location for busy clinicians. Participants can use this opportunity to bring back value to their practice by attending morning lectures delivered by some of NYSORA’s TOP experts, leaving the afternoons free.
Lectures are designed to offer authoritative and comprehensive update in Perioperative Medicine and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS). Lectures are complimented by NYSORA’s state-of-the-art 3-D virtual cadaver imaging which will take you on a unique journey across applied anatomy.
• Review the most important developments in nerve block techniques.
• Design a plan on how to manage challenging patients and techniques.
• Review optimal application of nerve blocks in perioperative setting.
• Discuss the management of continuous infusion of local anesthetics
• Review the mechanisms of complications with peripheral nerve blocks and discuss strategies for their prevention
• Review the indications and techniques for success with Liposome Bupivacaine (Exparel)
• Review emerging technologies in nerve blocks
• Review the literature evidence on any advantages of ultrasound in regional anesthesia and the methods of its utilization.
• Discuss the business aspects of regional anesthesia and analgesia
Course Topics :
• Understanding Functional Regional Anesthesia Anatomy (3-d)
• Geniculate And Popliteal Plexus Blocks For Analgesia After Knee Replacement
• Knee Surgery: Femoral, Femoral Triange And Adductor
• Fascial Plane Blocks – Front (Pecs, Tap)
• Fascial Plane Blocks – Back (Erectores Spinae, Quadratus Lumborum)
• Opioid Sparing Infusion Intraoperatively – What Is The Evidence?
• Awake Fiberoptic Intubation – A Practical Approach
• Update On Anticoagulation And Regional Anesthesia
• Analgesia For Shoulder (New Versus Old)
• Perioperative Medicine. What Is All The Fuss About?
• Regional Anesthesia Techniques For Shoulder Surgeries – Interscalene And Alternatives
• Cervical Blocks: Superficial Cervical Plexus, Isb, Supraclavicular, Infraclavicular, Axillar And Arm Blocks
• How To Build A Regional Anesthesia/anagesia Team (How to Build a Team)
• Fast And Furious – Why The Rush To Ambulatory Joint Surgery
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :|| +1 212 658 0056
1 212 658 0056
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Bird Registration Fee||27 Feb,2019||USD 1250.00|
|Standard Registration Fee||28 Apr,2019||USD 1350.00|