Kinesio Taping Assessments, Fundamental Concepts and Techniques (Formerly KT1/2) is organized by Rehab Education and will be held from Nov 17 - 24, 2019 at New York City, New York, United States of America. This CE Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16 Contact hours.
Who Should Attend:
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Certified Athletic Trainers
• Licensed Massage Therapists
• Doctors of Chiropractic
• Speech Therapists
Course Description :
2 day course designed to introduce participants to the science, assessment and application techniques of the Kinesio Taping Method. Lecture Tutorials of the history, science and theory of stimulus transmission through skin and resulting therapeutic benefit across efferent and afferent systems is reviewed. Corrections for Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia, Space, and Muscle in case study format are presented. Lecture and demonstration by the instructor, then participants perform the Manual Assessments and Movement Assessments. Discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically.
Day Two continues with instruction and demonstration of assessment and taping procedures for the Mechanical, Tendon, Ligament and Circulatory/Lymphatic Corrections in case study format. Time is allotted for questions and discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. Each student will complete a short assessment of practical taping skills at the end of Day Two. Participants will receive a full color Kinesio Taping Workbook and a 60-day access code to the KTAI database.
Course Objectives :
At the completion of the two day program participants will be able to:
• List 3 unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape.
• List 3 different physiological systems affected by Kinesio Tex Tape.
• List 3 contraindications and 3 precautions of using Kinesio Tex Tape.
• List best use for each type of Kinesio Tex Tape.
• Describe and demonstrate cutting different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
• Describe one situation where it would be appropriate to use each different tape cut.
• Demonstrate one of the three methods of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
• Demonstrate use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
• Demonstrate proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
• Demonstrate proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament, and Muscle Correction.
Fulfill the prerequisites for the Kinesiotaping University’s CKTP Certification exam with this additional course:
Kinesio Taping® Advanced Techniques and Clinical Reasoning (Formerly KT3)
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||845-368-2458|
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $599.00|
|Early Fee||:||USD $569.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news