Evidenced-Based Rehabilitation to Treat Elbow Trauma and Stiffness Course
Evidenced-Based Rehabilitation to Treat Elbow Trauma and Stiffness Course is organized by Right Hand Therapy (RHT), LLC and will be held on Sep 14, 2019 at Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center - Montrose, Akron, Ohio, United States of America.
Intermediate practitioners (OTs, COTAs, PTs, PTAs, and CHTs)
7.5 continuing education contact hours
Rehabilitation of elbow trauma can be daunting, especially as chronic stiffness sets in. Many clinics default to treatments devoid of clinical evidence in hopes to combat stiffness that is debilitating to the patient’s function. This course is designed around the most recent evidence in conservative and post-surgical interventions for a variety of elbow traumas. During the morning session the course will review anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the elbow. A thorough examination of the upper extremity, including special tests, will be demonstrated and then practiced in a lab setting. Diagnoses of fractures and ligamentous injuries will be reviewed as well as current concepts in treatment along with current evidence for these treatments. Case presentations will be discussed followed by a question and answer panel. The afternoon session will start with a lab session to practice manual mobilization of the elbow. Appropriate orthoses application will then be discussed as well as an orthoses fabrication demonstration via videos. This course will present the most recent and highest levels of evidence, including clinical pearls, adjunctive treatment techniques and evidence for their use to prevent or when treating the dreaded stiff elbow. Static progressive orthoses considerations will be explained followed by video demonstrations. The course will end by wrapping up the concepts that have been discussed with a treatment algorithm, case presentations, and question and answer panel. Following this one-day course, learners will confidently rehabilitate the most challenging of elbow traumas. The education level of this course is intermediate.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand specific areas of how patient occupational performance can be affected by elbow dysfunction.
• Describe normal and functional upper extremity range of motion as it relates to occupational performance.
• Differentiate between post-operative rehabilitation protocols for elbow injuries, including distal biceps and triceps repairs, and instabilities.
• Understand conservative treatment algorithms for a variety of elbow diagnoses.
• Perform manual mobilization techniques for the radial humeral, ulnar humeral, proximal radioulnar, and distal radioulnar joints of the elbow.
• Identify appropriate orthoses to treat conservative and post-operative elbow injuries.
• Confidently design an evidenced-based rehabilitation program to treat elbow stiffness that includes the use of therapeutic exercises, neuromuscular re-education, physical agent modalities, soft tissue mobilizations, and splinting/orthoses.
|Contact No. :||(603) 821-0544|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||14 Sep,2019||USD 240.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news