Clinical Relaxation and Massage Therapy for Nurses Seminar is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Feb 07 - 08, 2019 at Oaks On Collins, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses. This CPD Conference has been approved for a maximum of 10.00 CPD Hours.
Why do nurses live with stress despite knowing it is detrimental to physical and psychological health? Why do nurses expect, even anticipate stress despite solid evidence that chronic stress compromises health? Preventing and coping with emotional and physical hazards in nursing is essential for nurses to compassionately care for others. An appreciation of Psychoneuroimmunology, which explains links between neurological, endocrine and immune systems, lays the foundation for enhanced stress management. This knowledge reveals how certain techniques are effective for relaxation. This unique and dynamic two day seminar provides an opportunity for all nurses to learn:
• Why is stress so detrimental to health?
• How are stress, inflammation, and disease linked?
• What is the science of mind-body health?
• How are the immune, endocrine, and nervous systems connected?
• What are the known benefits of relaxation?
• How do evidenced-based relaxation techniques enhance healing and improve health?
• Realistic approaches to integrate relaxation into modern, daily life and nursing practice
• Opportunities to practice relaxation skills and much
Need for Program:
The nature of the profession, unfortunately, exposes nurses to physically and emotionally demanding situations. This daily taxing environment leads to work-related stress. It is well documented that stressful and traumatic events can impact the immune system and affect healing. Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI) examines links between psychological processes and resistance to disease and chronic conditions. An understanding of PNI is important to nurses as it connects the negative impact of stress and the benefits of relaxation on health. Attending this program is more important than ever as it explains PNI research and offers efficacious relaxation strategies to promote mental and physical health in nurses and patients.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this seminar is to enable nurses to practically implement effective relaxation strategies that are underpinned by strong evidence-based knowledge.
• Use PNI research to explain scientific mechanisms of stress-related ill health
• Correlate links between stress, inflammation, and disease to instill a need for regular relaxation techniques
• Apply evidenced-based relaxation techniques to enhance your own and your patients’ health
• Enhance patients’ experience of care as a result of your better wellbeing
|Contact No.||:||(03) 9326 8101,
33 107 354 441
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Course Fee||06 Feb,2019||AUD 540.00|
|One Day Course Fee||06 Feb,2019||AUD 410.00|