EMBL Course: Techniques for Studying Iron in Health and Disease is organized by European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and will be held from May 02 - 04, 2019 at EMBL Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany.
This course is aimed at PhD students and postdocs in all basic and clinical biomedical specialities including biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, immunology and molecular biology.
The course is designed to expose the various experimental tools used for:
• Tracing iron dynamics in biological systems, from solution to cells to organs, with major emphasis on fluorescence techniques available in most laboratories
• Assessing iron status in humans in health and disease and exploring methods to study iron sulphur cluster (ISC) proteins (ISP).
The 3 day course is planned for up to 18 students. The mornings will be devoted to lectures and experimental planning and the experiments carried out in the afternoon and analyzed and discussed in the evenings.
• Monitoring iron speciation and trafficking in body fluids, organs and cells
• Dynamics of iron sulphur cluster machinery (from solution to cells)
• Analytical parameters for studying iron-associated disorders
Participants will understand the unique properties of iron in biological systems and the available analytical tools to both qualitatively and quantitatively monitor and critically assess those properties in both normal and pathological conditions.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :|| +49 6221 387-0
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Academia Fee||01 May,2019||EUR 450.00|
|Industry Fee||01 May,2019||EUR 1000.00|
|PhD Student Fee||01 May,2019||EUR 450.00|