Duke-UNC Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program - Charlotte
Duke-UNC Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program is organized by Duke Cancer Institute, University of North Carolina (UNC) School of Medicine and will be held from Oct 28 - 31, 2019 at Charlotte AHEC, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America.
Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, health educators, respiratory therapists, behavioral health professionals, public health, health systems administrators, social workers, and other health professionals across the continuum of care.
Participants who complete the 4-day training will receive 27.25 CME hours.
• CME hours approved for medical providers (MD, DO, PA), nurses, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists. (Other boards may accept these hours for approval; participants should check with their licensing boards with any questions regarding CME hours before enrolling in the course.)
• The TTS Training course is endorsed by the National Association of Social Workers-NC Chapter for 27.25 social work contact hours.
Available CME Credit:
• 27.25 ACPE - Pharmacist
• 27.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
• 27.25 ANCC
• 27.25 Attendance
The Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program is provided by the Duke – UNC Tobacco Treatment Specialist Program (TTS Program). This four-day face-to-face training combines findings from the most current evidence-based research on pharmacotherapy, population-based issues, practical guidance on running a practice, and targeted skills in tobacco dependence counseling. Information is provided in a workbook and through interactive lectures, as well as multiple problem-based learning activities, applied practice problems, and practice counseling. A comprehensive tobacco treatment manual, including an online resource guide solely for TTS participants, is provided during the course and may also be used as a reference guide after the completion of the course.
• To prepare participants across the continuum of health care to deliver up-to-date evidence based tobacco use treatment, including pharmacotherapy and counseling strategies for individual and group treatment
• To provide health care professionals with the tools necessary to create a sustainable tobacco use treatment practice
• To train health care professionals to advocate for and enact systems-wide tobacco policy change
Diverse teams from health care and behavioral health systems are welcomed, as the goal is to increase systems approaches to evidence-based tobacco treatment.
Participants should be tobacco-free for at least six months.
Tuition is $1,100 and includes all course materials (manual and workbook), application and CME processing fees, and lunch daily during the course.
Tuition Discounts: The Duke-UNC Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program offers a $300 tuition discount to participants who work in a setting that targets underserved or vulnerable populations (e.g., a community health center, health department, behavioral health facility) and commit to supporting or providing tobacco treatment services to clients in such settings.
Speakers: Course faculty are nationally-recognized experts in the field of tobacco use disorders and treatment, as well as tobacco policy and systems change, from Duke, UNC, and the NC Department of Health and Human Services.
• James Davis, MD - Duke Smoking Cessation Program
• Adam Goldstein, MD, MPH - UNC Tobacco Intervention Programs
• Jillian Dirkes, MSW, LCSW - Duke Smoking Cessation Program
• Laurel Sisler, LCSW, LCAS, CTTS - UNC Tobacco Treatment Program
• Sally Herndon, MPH - NC Division of Public Health
• Joyce Swetlick, MPH - NC Department of Health and Human Services
Students will complete the course with a comprehensive overview of the skills needed to effectively recognize and treat tobacco dependence using standard of care treatment, motivational interviewing, medication management, and other evidence-based strategies. Additionally, participants who complete all components of the four-day training will be prepared to sit for the examination for a National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice (NCTTP) offered by NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals.
• Atrium Health
• Mecklenburg County Department of Health
• Novant Health
|Contact No. :||919.385.3120
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $1100.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news