Breast Imaging at the Beach is organized by Penn Medicine - Department of Radiology and will be held from Jan 07 - 10, 2019 at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Punta Mita, Nayarit, Mexico.
This course is designed for practicing radiologists who are looking to improve their interpretive and diagnostic acumen in mammography, tomosynthesis, ultrasound and MRI.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
The credit breakdown by day:
Day 1: 5.25
Day 2: 5.25
Day 3: 5.25
Day 4: 4.75
The total hours covered in each modality include:
DM - 12 DBT - 3 US - 10.5 MRI - 6.75
Penn Radiology is going back to the fabulous Four Seasons, Punta Mita, Mexico, for our 14th annual Breast Imaging course! The program is designed for full or part-time breast radiologists and may also be of interest to breast surgeons and breast imaging technologists. In addition to a review of breast imaging fundamentals, which is offered to improve interpretation skills, lectures will include technologies such as digital breast tomosynthesis, screening breast ultrasound, as well as full and abbreviated breast MRI protocols. We will look at the evolving data that support these technologies and consider patient-specific factors that contribute to imaging decisions.
• Utilize newer modalities to improve population level breast cancer screening and methods to optimize mammographic outcomes (i.e., increase cancer detection while minimizing false positives).
• Explain the roles and potential benefits of digital breast tomosynthesis and synthetic 2D imaging in the screening and diagnosis of breast cancer and benign breast diseases.
• Discuss the data on the use of whole breast ultrasound and abbreviated breast MRI in the supplemental screening of women at average risk with dense breasts.
• Discuss the emerging techniques of breast MRI such as diffusion-weighted imaging.
• Improve image-guided breast biopsy skills.
• Explain the how risk assessment and risk-based screening may be implemented in a breast imaging clinic.
Toll free Number
Radiology +1 More
CPD Credit 12
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ 20