2019 2nd Advanced Lung Disease and Lung Transplant Symposium is organized by University of Virginia (UVA) and will be held on Jun 22, 2019 at Kingsmill Resort, Williamsburg, Virginia, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 8.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
This Symposium will include a series of lectures given by experts in the field on topics that are highly relevant for practicing pulmonologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, respiratory therapists and anyone involved with pulmonary rehabilitation.
Lectures will include discussions on the management of refractory obstructive lung disease, diagnostic and therapeutic challenges and interactive cases pertaining to interstitial lung disease, management of advanced sarcoidosis, adult bronchiectasis, interactive cases and an in depth discussion on the multidisciplinary aspects of lung transplantation, palliative care requirements for patients with endstage lung disease, pulmonary hypertension discussion and an overview of current and future lung transplant research happening at the University of Virginia. In addition to the didactic talks there will be at least one panel discussion presented by a multidisciplinary team.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Describe appropriate therapeutic diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for patients with refractory obstructive lung disease
• Recognize clinical features of patients with interstitial lung disease related to mixed connective tissue disorders
• Identify how advancements in pharmacogenetics and clinical research can have a positive impact on the management of interstitial lung disease
• Discuss the diagnostic work-up for patients with adult bronchiectasis and identify appropriate therapeutic interventions
• Recognize appropriate timing and indications for lung transplant referral
• Understand the multi-disciplinary aspect of patient care in lung transplantation
• Discuss the role of palliative care in the management of patients with advanced lung disease
• Identify diagnostic and therapeutic pathways for patients with pulmonary hypertension
• Discuss the diagnostic and therapeutic management of patients with advanced sarcoidosis
• Describe progress in lung transplant-related research at UVA
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||434.982.3200
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Physicians/Fellows - Regular Fee||16 Jun,2019||USD 350.00|
|Other Healthcare Professionals - Regular Fee||16 Jun,2019||USD 225.00|
|Students / Residents - Regular Fee||16 Jun,2019||USD 75.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians/Fellows - Early Bird Fee||21 May,2019||USD 250.00|
|Other Healthcare Professionals - Early Bird Fee||21 May,2019||USD 125.00|
|Students / Residents - Early Bird Fee||21 May,2019||USD 50.00|