UCSF Imaging Warm-Up in the Caribbean
UCSF Imaging Warm-Up in the Caribbean is organized by The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Office of Continuing Medical Education and will be held from Dec 02 - 07, 2018 at Four Seasons Resort Nevis, Nevis, Saint Kitts and Nevis. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 25.00 CME Credits.
Course Outline :
This week-long course is designed for radiologists in clinical practice, and is intended to provide an overview of common clinical concerns in diagnosis. Lectures by leading UCSF Faculty will focus on practical tips, pointers and recognition of potential pitfalls that will aid the radiologist in the safe interpretation of images in the daily setting.
Subspecialties covered will include cutting-edge topics in abdominal, thoracic, breast, neuro and musculoskeletal imaging; as well as the appropriate utilization of CT, MR, US and interventional procedures in the corresponding organ systems.
Course Objectives :
At the completion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
• Select imaging approaches for oncology patients and patients with musculoskeletal/joint conditions
• Identify opportunities to screen for cancer, including for lung and breast cancer
• Recognize common pitfalls in medical imaging, including imaging after loco-regional therapies, in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism, and in patients being screened for breast cancer
• Apply knowledge of the strengths and weakness of imaging with PET/CT.
• Differentiate between common and uncommon imaging manifestations of chronic disease, including injuries of the knee, shoulder, liver, pancreas and spleen
• Implement protocols to achieve low radiation doses and optimized scanning parameters.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Standard Registration - Early Fee||05 Oct,2018||USD 1225.00|
|Standard Registration - Regular Fee||01 Dec,2018||USD 1295.00|
|Gold Status - Early Fee||05 Oct,2018||USD 1095.00|
|Gold Status - Regular Fee||01 Dec,2018||USD 1170.00|
|Silver Status - Early Fee||05 Oct,2018||USD 965.00|
|Silver Status - Regular Fee||01 Dec,2018||USD 1040.00|
|Platinum Status - Early Fee||05 Oct,2018||USD 835.00|
|Platinum Status - Regular Fee||01 Dec,2018||USD 910.00|