Critical Skills for Critical Care: A State-of-the-Art Update and Procedures for ICU Providers is organized by American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) and will be held from Aug 24 - 26, 2018 at American College of Chest Physicians, Glenview, Illinois, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Advanced practice providers, physicians, and others practicing critical care or emergency medicine are encouraged to attend. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 22.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Training together as members of the interprofessional critical care team is essential to practicing high-quality critical care. Join us for a state-of-the-art update in critical care medicine through this intensive, hands-on, simulation-based experience in critical care ultrasound, mechanical ventilation, and airway management. Learn the latest updates in critical care through engaging and interactive sessions, including concise, evidence-based reviews, case-based discussions, and expert debates in areas of clinical controversy. The faculty are a mix of advanced practice providers (nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and physicians, and together form a team with a wealth of bedside ICU knowledge and experience in these modalities to the share with participants.
After participating in this educational activity, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate skill in ultrasound image acquisition and interpretation for common applications in the practice of critical care medicine.
• Demonstrate skill in common ultrasound-guided procedures, including central venous catheter insertion, paracentesis, thoracentesis, and tube thoracostomy.
• Apply a systematic approach to airway management of critically ill patients as a member of the interprofessional team.
• Select appropriate mechanical ventilator modes and settings for patients in respiratory failure, and solve common clinical challenges found with these patients.
• Apply evidence-based updates in critical care medicine with state-of-the-art knowledge and practice through case-based discussions.
• Identify the current collaborative roles and responsibilities of members of the inter professional critical care team in a variety of health-care systems.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Non - member||23 Aug,2018||USD 1995.00|
|Member||23 Aug,2018||USD 1695.00|
|Discount for nonphysician providers and physicians-in-training Fee||23 Aug,2018||USD 700.00|