5th Annual Concussion Across the Spectrum of Injury: The Latest for Diagnosis and Management is organized by New York University (NYU) School of Medicine and will be held during Feb 15 - 17, 2018 at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Specialists in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, neurology, emergency medicine, orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, as well as advanced practice providers, nurses and other health care providers involved in the diagnosis and/or management of concussions such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, psychologists and athletic trainers. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
NYU Langone Concussion Center and the Mayo Clinic are partnering to present an exciting and innovative conference highlighting current advances in concussion pathophysiology, diagnosis and management. Recent evidence suggests that repetitive concussions, commonly seen in professional sports, can be associated with progressive cognitive, psychiatric and motor degeneration. Medical professionals are responsible for returning patients to school, play, work and all life activities and will benefit from updates in the literature presented by leaders in the field. Clinicians will learn how to diagnosis and manage concussions occurring from multiple causes.
This two and a half day course will address clinical assessment and management, emerging neuroimaging technologies, advances in blood and imaging biomarkers, rule changes in youth sports, concussion in the female athlete, advances in headache management, and the role of neurocognitive testing in returning athletes to school and play, and rehabilitation. It will provide practical clinical information that may be easily translated to practice.
Conference Objectives are :
• Describe the scope of the problem and the basic science about concussion
• Describe the components of the office exam
• Recognize current medical treatment and other therapy management of headaches
• Incorporate the visual assessment and treatment as it relates to functional performance in life skills
• Outline advances in the areas of fluid biomarkers, imaging, traumatic encephalopathy syndrome, screening the endocrine system and treating sleep and fatigue and incorporate advances as appropriate for patient care
• Outline the scope of therapy services for the patient with concussion, and identify and properly refer to the appropriate therapies
• Provide clear instructions for a progressive return to learn plan
• Recognize indicators for return to activity and describe a progress return to activity plan
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians Early Fee||15 Dec,2017||USD 625.00|
|Physicians Regular Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 695.00|
|NYU Langone Health and Mayo Clinic Physicians Early Fee||15 Dec,2017||USD 575.00|
|NYU Langone Health and Mayo Clinic Physicians Regular Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 575.00|
|Reduced Early Fee||15 Dec,2017||USD 425.00|
|Reduced Regular Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 495.00|