23rd Annual Vermont Perspectives in Anesthesia Conference
23rd Annual Vermont Perspectives in Anesthesia Conference is organized by University of Vermont Continuing Medical and Interprofessional Education and will be held during Mar 07 - 11, 2018 at Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe, Vermont, United States of America.
Conference Overview :
This conference will provide anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and anyone with an interest in the field of anesthesia with practical reviews and timely informative clinical updates on a variety of topics of current interest. Participants will be able to identify and discuss recent developments and trends through comprehensive didactic sessions. Faculty includes recognized experts in their fields, both on a national level and from the University of Vermont. The atmosphere will be friendly and informal and there will be ample time for questions and discussion with faculty and colleagues.
Conference Objectives :
• Describe the indications for blood component transfusion.
• Discuss the role for new anticoagulant reversal alternatives.
• Describe the impact of morbid obesity on obstetric and anesthetic outcomes.
• Discuss ultrasound evaluation of fluid responsiveness.
• Describe ultrasound-guided methods for central venous catheter placement.
• Describe the origins of “Pain as the fifth vital sign” and its unintended consequences on public health.
• Discuss common controversies and topics of discussion between surgeons and anesthesiologists.
• Recognize the signs and symptoms of fatigue and burnout and develop strategies to mitigate the development of burnout.
• Describe the components of enhanced recovery including multimodal analgesia.
• Discuss data surrounding opioid prescription for post-operative pain in opioid naïve patients.
• Discuss the different constraints for NORA case management relative to OR case management.
The University of Vermont designates this live activity for a maximum of 17 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 16.00 Class A CE credits.
This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 17 Nursing Contact Hours.
MOCA 2.0 credit will be offered after successful completion of the evaluation component for an additional fee of $25.
This conference includes 3 credits in Prescribing Controlled Substances and 1 credit in Hospice, Palliative Care, Pain Management.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No.||:||(802) 656-2292|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians - Early Fee||08 Feb,2018||USD 675.00|
|Nurse Anesthetists - Early Fee||08 Feb,2018||USD 550.00|
|Physicians‐in‐training - Early Fee||08 Feb,2018||USD 450.00|