In-Person EventDec 04 - 07, 2017New York, New York, USA
Breast Imaging in the Big Apple is organized by International Institute for Continuing Medical Education (IICME), Inc and will be held during Dec 04 - 07 2017 at The Hotel Wales, New York, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is all radiologists with a special interest in breast imaging. The faculty is comprised of nationally recognized expert teachers of breast imaging with a broad breadth of experience and knowledge in this field. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 19.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This course provides a balanced overview of more traditional breast imaging, blended with the newest state-of-the-art breast imaging techniques and modalities. Special attention will be given to Breast MRI, Digital Mammography, and Breast Ultrasound, as well as the newly evolving technologies of Tomosynthesis and Whole Breast Ultrasound. Patient communication and medicolegal issues will also be addressed.
At the completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
• Review the basic principles of screening mammography for detecting early breast cancer.
• Outline the current applications of breast ultrasound in diagnostic, screening, and interventional settings for earlier detection and accurate diagnosis of breast cancer.
• Describe the major aspects of breast MR, including imaging techniques, image interpretation, biopsy techniques, and current indications, as an evolving new weapon in the war on breast cancer.
• Discuss the current medical and legal concerns regarding the missed breast cancer, in an effort to improve early detection of breast cancer.
• Delineate the current and future application of information about breast density and its role in determining individualized approaches to breast cancer screening.
• Appreciate the evolving roles of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis, Whole Breast Ultrasound, and Contrast-Enhanced Digital Mammography in Breast Cancer Detection.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.