World Interactive Network Focused On Critical UltraSound (WINFOCUS)
The World Interactive Network Focused On Critical UltraSound (WINFOCUS) is the world leader scientific network committed to develop Point-of-Care Ultrasound practice, research, education, technology, and networking, addressing the needs of patients, institutions, services, and communities living in out-of-hospital and in-hospital critical scenarios. WINFOCUS goals:
• To identify critical scenarios where ultrasound, when implemented and incorporated into point-of-care, represents a critical added value to improve management, performance and outcomes;
• To identify ultrasound “point-of-care” applications within extra-hospital and in-hospital scenarios, consistent with prevention, triage, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of the critical patient;
• To identify the technical, clinical, organizational, and social competencies necessary for effective incorporation and diffusion of “point-of-care” ultrasound into critical scenarios, the methodology, technology, and instrumentation necessary for its implementation, and the feasibility, sustainability, and accuracy of the identified technologies;
• To evaluate and compare the experiences of different investigators through networking actions;
• To develop research projects and conferences;
• To promote quality assured training programs, incorporating them, where appropriate, into school and university curricula.