World Allergy Organization (WAO)
The World Allergy Organization (WAO) is an international umbrella organization whose members consist of 99 regional and national allergology and clinical immunology societies from around the world. By collaborating with member societies, WAO provides direct educational outreach programs, symposia and lectureships to members in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
The organization was founded in 1951 and has successfully organized 25 major congresses. WAO also sponsors scientific symposia in developing areas throughout the world and jointly sponsors postgraduate programs on allergy and clinical immunology during professional, non-allergy association congresses.
The World Allergy Organization’s mission, as a world-wide alliance of allergy and clinical immunology societies, is to be a global resource and advocate for the specialty, advancing awareness and excellence in clinical care through education, research, and training.
The present vision for WAO is to remain committed to the progress of Allergy and Clinical Immunology for the benefit of patients all over the world through:
• Continued support of WAO’s Mission and extending the effect of the mission
• Raise the profile of training and research to enhance academic content of WAO
• Develop efficient means of administering Board activities
• Improvement of allergy care in developing countries and deprived areas of the world
• Enhance the recognition and function of WAO