The history of Winchester Hospital spans more than a century and reflects what “community hospital” really means. Over the decades, Winchester Hospital has been strongly supported by our generous and faithful community.
In the early fall of 1913, a canvass of the town produced $22,000, and the next spring, a group of businessmen succeeded in raising an additional $25,000. With these funds, the Winchester Visiting Nurses purchased a 5.5-acre tract of land bordered by Highland Avenue, Valley Road, Maple Street and Fairmount Street.
Although the buildings and technology have changed dramatically over the course of the hospital’s history, the dedication of the hospital’s caregivers remains constant. Their unwavering commitment to quality patient care makes Winchester Hospital what it is today – an award-winning, full-service hospital with state-of-the-art technology delivered with a personal touch.