Sound outrageous? It absolutely is. Sound impossible? That’s never stopped us before. Sound like hard work, intense research, collaboration with experts around the world, sheer brainpower meets unrelenting willpower? That’s. Exactly. Right.
We’ll do whatever it takes to offer the best in care and empower the best in quality of life. And it’s an approach that works — whether it’s a patient who undergoes a new, life-saving procedure or a clinical researcher who finds promise in new cancer treatment, exciting new medicine is happening at VCU Health.
Our medical teams are top notch. And we’re not too shy to boast of internationally known physicians, some recognized as the best in the country, top-ranked local specialists and all-around all-stars at every level. From our very first years to our most recent advancements, we are driven to learn more, dig deeper, teach passionately and never rest in order to be a true leader in discovering what’s possible in health and recovery. We are a comprehensive system of care and a pioneer of health. Read VCU Health Year In Review for more about our accomplishments.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Health System is an urban, comprehensive academic medical center in central Virginia established to preserve and restore health for all people, to seek the cause and cure of diseases through innovative research, and to educate those who serve humanity.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Health System is committed to excellence in patient care and education as the preeminent academic medical center in the mid-Atlantic region. Quality and safety drive our vision, which is propelled by the best people dedicated to:
• Demonstrating superior value to patients, employers and payers;
• Securing our position as a national leader in integrated delivery systems;
• Fostering the contributions of all members of the health care team in the care of patients;
• Educating the next generation of health professionals using leading edge techniques and innovation;
• Applying novel research in the clinical and basic sciences, and translating new discoveries to patient care;
• Ensuring sufficient assets to support our mission and vision though disciplined stewardship of financial activities