Union of European Neonatal & Perinatal Societies (UENPS)
UENPS was founded on the 1st of July 2006, in Vienna, as a confederation of European Societies i.e. an organisation integrating national European Neonatal or Perinatal Societies under one organisational roof.
During the 1st two years, the Societies implemented the following actions:
• Asking societies to joint UENPS
• 1st UENPS congress in Roma
• Some multicenter trials were proposed by some researchers and carried out.
• UENPS official registration in Roma 17th April 2008
The mission of UENPS is to improve healthcare in the neonatal and perinatal medicine in the European countries.
Main goals of UENPS are to improve quality in perinatal and neonatal care by integrating, coordinating and adding national and scientific societies’ efforts.
• To promote the knowledge of the perinatal indicators.
• To develop recommendations, guidelines, training of the healthcare providers and any other tool to achieve the best healthcare for every newborn and surveillance of neonatal rights wherever they are born.